Monday, July 18, 2011

Album Review: Laconic - For The Life Of One






Laconic
For The Life Of One (2011)
Self Released

Since I have been doing album reviews, I have been waiting for an album that I haven't really cared for....this is not it!! Laconic outdid themselves on this release. They picked Ben Schigel (which in my opinion, was the perfect choice) to be in charge of making this masterpiece. This is a top notch album that is going to be able to rival any top contenders in the metal scene. Now, let's talk about a few of these tracks....Track 1 is an intro called Step Right Up that rocks my socks!!! I don't care for very many intros but this one is an exception. It just has this eerie feeling to it with a guy talking in a deep voice and with screams in the background. Then it kicks right into Carnival. I can see people going ape shit during this song. As soon as the vocals kick in, the double bass drum starts kicking off like a machine gun in combat. Now, we can talk about my favorite track on this album, No Evidence. Everything about this song, vocally and musically, was perfect. At about the half way mark, they throw in some poetic lyrics with someone just talking and then they fly right back into busting your face wide open!! All I can say is be on a lookout for this band in the upcoming year because big things WILL happen for Laconic. If you are in the Phoenix area, you can check out their cd release show Aug. 12th at The Venue of Scottsdale and also help them out to win a spot on the Uproar Tour by voting for them at this site http://battle.rockstaruproar.c​om/u/Laconic


http://www.facebook.com/laconicmusic

No comments:

Post a Comment