Sunday, August 21, 2011

Album Review/Band Spotlight: Thieves Are Watching - When The Day Comes






Thieves Are Watching
When The Day Comes
Release Date: August 2011
http://www.facebook.com/ThievesAreWatching

First of, I have never done an album review and also a band bio so I will begin with the bio first and then do the album review.


Started back in high school by brothers Ryan and Daniel Camuto, Thieves are Watching has been a long going establishment in their lives. Joined several times by long time friend (and now permanent member) Daniel Bugallo and most recently by drummer Randy Gerana, the 'Thieves' are now starting to build their own momentum in 2011. Armed with a mix of Pop-Punk, Post-Hardcore, and Alternative influences, Thieves Are Watching is writing original music that doesn't seem to fall in the same spot twice.
As of July 2011, the Band has finished recording their debut EP “When the Day Comes” which will be available digitally and physically soon. The five track EP explores the diversity of the band’s sound, from the gut wrenching vocals on Skyscraper, to a tribute to the ballads of the 80s and 90s with the EP’s title track “When the Day Comes”. Thieves Are Watching are moving up and gaining speed so keep an eye out for them. 


Now onto the album review...

I did really enjoy this album. It's not the greatest piece ever made but there are thousands of albums way worse than this. Just like their band bio, they do really mix quite a few genres together and for most, it doesn't work out very well but they somehow pull it off. The intro song Carousel, was really good. It was sudden but was a great start to an EP. The song that I kept going back to listen to was Sinking Tides. You may not know this but I'm a huge pop punk fan and this song had a really great pop punk sound. All in all, this is a good EP and I am wanting to hear what their full length will sound like. In my opinion, they need to come out with a full length and hit it hard!!! I would love to hear Rise Against meets August Burns Red. I believe they do have the capability of pulling that off and that, to me, would make such a unique and spectacular album. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with this EP and I think kids would love pop punk with some edge will eat this up! I can't wait to see what the future holds for them and will be hoping to be able to review that full length when it comes time to release it. 

6.5 out of 10 stars 


No comments:

Post a Comment